Thursday, May 14, 2009

I'm Gonna TRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY Yeah!!

During Saturday's run, Christine asked me and Chris what we listened to while we run to get us going.  I don't really have any specific artists I listen to during my runs; I just listen to whatever I'm in the mood for.  But sometimes a song comes on that really gets me pumped!  For instance, last night I had my iPod on shuffle because I wasn't in the mood for anything in particular, and Janis Joplin's "Try (Just a Little Bit Harder)" came on, just as I was approaching a big hill, and it really helped me.... try just a little bit harder!  HA!  How dorky is that?  But whatever works, right?  I think it helps listening to high-energy songs like that, because you just sort of imagine singing and dancing and you forget what you're REALLY doing.  And let's face it, running is sometimes boring, or worse, painful.

Oh, then later on, at the end of the run, "Fat Bottomed Girls" played, and you know that got my motor running!  I sort of joke that that song is a personal anthem anyway (I got booty), plus it's so fun that even though I had just run almost 6 miles-as fast as I could- I was pretty much singing along as I was running.  I don't really recommend this... Not only do you look kind of nuts, but it makes breathing a lot harder! 

Too bad I run and don't cycle!  GET ON YOUR BIKES AND RIDE!

No comments: