Thursday, February 19, 2009

Addendum

In my previous post, please note that I didn't even begin to touch on all of Danielle's medical woes! I only mentioned the things that I thought had to do specifically with the doctors trying to figure out what the hell is happening to her, and not just treating her.... and I'm sure I left out a TON, because, as it happens, I'm not a doctor and don't know much about, oh... anything!

In addition to the node removals, she's also had her SPLEEN removed. Yup, a whole organ! And she's still had low platelet counts even after that thing was taken out. She's had multiple platelet transfusions, crippling arthritis, hives, fevers, bloody noses, coughing up blood... umm.. what am I forgetting, Danielle? Many sleepless nights, many nights spent in the hospital (including Halloween night)! Different drugs and their side-effects, orders to stay away from caffiene and alcohol.... the list goes on!

This poor girl has dealt with so much and she just keeps on going with the best attitude you could ever imagine. This is a girl who shows up to work a half hour after spending the night in the hospital. She claims that anyone would act the same way in her situation, but I beg to differ. She's amazing, and I'm in awe of her!

There' a benefit called Dinkstock this Saturday to help her out financially a bit, because in addition to everything else, she's had to deal with hospital bills, not to mention co-pays, parking, meds... so many expenses that add up! So if you're in the area, be at the Beachcomber on Saturday! It's going to be a great time, and it's for a great cause: DANIELLE!

No comments: