Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Let's Catch up! (Not Ketchup)

Oops, I took a couple of days off from writing. I know you’ll give me a break though, because between work and training and writing TNT letters (OK, fine, and still watching my shows), I haven’t had a whole lot of free time.

I have been meaning to update to give a re-cap of Dinkstock! It was a smashing success. Danielle said she had so much fun, and I know I did. I won a bottle o’ nice wine in a raffle and some Sox tickets in the silent auction! I saw a lot of friends and met some cool new people, and got to see Danielle’s band, Soccermom, perform (they rock). There was a great turn-out, lots of great music, and, most importantly, tons of money was raised for our beloved Miss D. YEE-HAW!!!

On Sunday I went to ice-skating lessons and two new students started, so the instructor started over from the beginning! This is the second time I’ve had to start over because of new students and I had to spend the whole class reviewing what I already knew. I’ll spare you the details of how irritated I was and how I called the skating school; suffice it to say that heads are gonna roll if I don’t get my money’s worth!

Yesterday (Monday) I tried to wake up with Chris at 5:00am to go for a run…. OK, I’ll give you a minute to stop laughing….

All set? So anyway, that, of course, didn’t pan out, so I got home from work last nigiht and bundled up, put on my reflective thingy (see picture below), and headed out. I think the actual temperature was in the 20’s, but with the wind chill, it felt like -4,000. The worst part of the run was the short time I was running on Quincy Shore Drive. If you aren’t familiar with Quincy, this is the street that runs alongside Wollaston Beach. I love, love, love living so close to Wolly Beach and being able to run there in nice weather. But the wind off of it in the winter can just be brutal. It was a short run though (2 miles) and I made it without quite turning into a giant popsicle. This run was special because it was the first time in almost four years of living in my apartment that I strayed from one of my usual routes. My shortest “usual route” prior to this was 2.8, and when Chris figured out this shorter route, I gave myself a break and decided to run just the 2 I was scheduled to run.

If it’s as windy tonight for my 3-mile rune, I’ll be doing it on the treadmill. Believe you me!

Reflective Thingy

No comments: