Saturday, February 21, 2009

Second Group Run

This morning when Chris tried to wake me up, I sleepily asked "Are you taking a shower?"  He laughed at me, knowing I had no idea what day it was or what was going on.  I finally figured it out, and got my rear end out of bed for group run #2!  

It was sunny and brisk at 8:00am this morning, not quite as cold at last week.  Chris and I were to run 4 miles.  The people running the San Diego Marathon ran 5 miles, but Chris and I were not feeling as energetic as we were last week, so we stuck to our scheduled mileage today.   I also don't want to increase my weekly mileage too quickly, because I really want to avoid injury!   So, we did the same out-and-back route that we did last week, which was to start at the Derby Street Shoppes in Hingham, run down Cushing St. to Pioneer St., and turn around.  I think I ran a bit faster than I did last week, which was good.  I have no idea what my pace was though.  I'll have to start tracking that, eventually.

After the run, Kristen led us in a 7-minute ab workout.  It was pretty brutal, and I know we'll all be feeling it tomorrow!   I know that strengthening the core muscles is important for running, and I previously thought I was doing a pretty good job of it by going to Pilates once a week, but I was really not prepared for her exercises!   It'll get easier as we do them more... Uhh, right?  

After the run, Chris and I went to Panera Bread for some asiago cheese bagels and chai tea lattes.  I think this is going to be our weekly ritual (we did the same thing last week).   The people there don't even seem to mind two tired, gross-looking poeple in running clothes coming in for breakfast.  Woo hoo!  

When we got home, I napped for a couple of hours, completely forgetting that TODAY WAS THE DAY I WAS SUPPOSED TO GO ONTO THE RED SOX SITE AT NOON TO BUY MONSTER SEAT TICKETS!  I remembered around 4:00pm, swore at myself reeeeeaaaal good, and logged on to the Red Sox site.  It was a huge pain trying to figure out what, if anything, was left, because of course, they do not make it easy.  I finally found two seats left for a game in September, which I quickly purchased.   Each customer supposedly got a limit of four tickets, but apparently you have to buy them all at once or you're out of luck, because when I tried to search for two more, I was told that I'd reached the limit for my log-in.  So, I'm still kicking myself for not logging in on time and possibly finding four seats together.  Oh well! 

Now it's time for me to go get ready for Dinkstock!  It's happening right now until 1:00am.  I'm hoping to stay all night.  That nap may have cost me a couple of extra Sox tickets, but it'll be helpful later on!  

No comments: