Friday, February 20, 2009

Sleepy Jeanne

Well, the first week of official training is coming to an end, and I feel really good, but TIRED.  I could go for three or four days of straight sleep right about now.   I may have led you guys to believe that I'm "in shape", but I am really just not used to exercising this much.  

Between the weekly group runs, we have a training schedule to stick to on our own.  The weeknight runs were short this week:  2 miles, 3, then 2.   Fine.  I'm used to those distances. But running fours days a week with cross-training on two days with only one day off?  No, Monsieur, I am not used to that! 

Allow me to take you through my week:

Sunday:  This is supposed to be my off day, since the long runs take place on Saturdays.  However, I'm currently taking ice-skating lessons on Sundays, so I use that as a cross-training day for now.  This week I learned hockey stops!   Jealous?

Monday:  Chris and I had friends over for brunch.  Chris got up early to run.  I did not.  So, I stuffed myself silly and then had to wait and wait until the early evening to go running, so I wouldn't--you know--puke.*  I ran my usual short loop near my apartment, which I just found out is actually 2.8 miles.

Tuesday:  Wimped out because I was sleepy after doing something active three days in a row.  I figured I'd run AND go to Pilates the next night, and Pilates could count as cross-training.  I'm not sure if that's allowed, but I did it.  So there.

Wednesday:  I went to Pilates at my gym, and I'll tell you, my abs still hurt.  I love that class!  Then I ran 3 miles on the treadmill.  A friend recently told me he'd heard you have to set the incline to 2.0 to simulate outdoor running, so I gave that a shot.  I almost listened to Journey on my Ipod, but then decided it was a Michael Buble night.   This detail is very important for you to know.

Thursday:  Ran my 2.8 loop again.  My ankle hurt a little at first, but I stopped and stretched and it helped a little, then after a while the pain just went away.  It started to rain as I was running, which made me feel like I was sort of tough.  I'm not, but it was fun to pretend.  ;-)

Friday:  aka, right now.  My plan all day was going to go to the gym and try the bike or something, but I wimped out again because I am just so exhausted!  So, I'm going to watch What Not To Wear and go to bed so I can get up early and run 4 miles with the team tomorrow!    

A few more things to mention before I bid you bonne nuit:

1.  I want to thank everyone who's already donated to my run.  I'm so touched by people's generosity!  

2.  Dinkstock is tomorrow!  If you live anywhere near Quincy, come join the party.  It's going to be a blast! 

3.  I am 100% obsessed with this commercial, and the song has been in my head ALL DAY!

OK, bonne buit! 



No comments: