Monday, March 30, 2009

Seventh Group Run

Saturday marked the first double-digit run for me and Chris.  The weather was nice.  It seems like every time I go running lately, the temperature has been at that point where I'm really cold when I start out, but after 10 or 15 minutes of running, it feels good.

Kristen ran the 10 miles with me and Chris, even though she had just run a marathon the week before, and even though she had a cold!  That girl is a machine!  She sent us some info about getting a post-marathon cold.  Sounds like it's pretty common.  Oh joy! 

Anyway, after the run on Saturday, I felt surprisingly good.  No knee pain, no shin pain, and after a venti caramel macchiato, I even felt like an actual, live human being, instead of a zombie!  Maybe my body is getting used to all of this nonsense.  Or maybe it was just a fluke.  Either way, I'll take it. 

Poor Chris wasn't quite as lucky- his knee was and is still really bothering him.  He bought a knee strap and wore it tonight for a 4-mile run.  It's too early to tell if it's helping him yet, so send him some knee-healing vibes! 

No comments: