Sunday, March 1, 2009

Third Group Run

Yesterday morning was one of those times when I really had trouble figuring out how to dress for my run.  It was chilly and overcast, but definitely not as cold as it had been for our first two group runs.  When I left my apartment in Quincy, I felt like I'd be fine in a windbreaker, but I brought my trusty neon-green fleece pull-over, just in case.  When we got to Hingham, it was FREEZING!  So the radioactive fleece went on and then it was time for 5 miles.  

During the run, the fleece came off and went back on a couple of times.  I kept getting too hot but I never really heated up enough to run in just my short-sleeved shirt.  UGH.  So, that was annoying, and it wasn't the best run ever.  But another Saturday run got checked off the list.  I know 5 miles is just a drop in the bucket when you eventually have to do 26.2, but when you haven't run 5 miles at once in over a year, it's something feel good about!  

After the run, we did eight minutes of ab exercises, then the team headed over to Panera to discuss some fundraising ideas.  

Which leads me to to today!   I spent the day baking chocolate chip cookies for Chris to bring into work and sell for donations.  He made a cool flyer that says "Cookies for a Cause" and encourages people to donate at least $1 per cookie.  

I also spent a lot of time making calls to restaurants to see about hosting an event.  It looks like we're well on our way to scheduling a fun night of yummy food, entertainment and prizes for late April!   I hope to get the date and time finalized in the next couple of days, so stay tuned for details!  

No comments: