Thursday, April 16, 2009

Cross-Training

So, as I may have mentioned before, I’m supposed to be cross-training. (I still don’t really know what that means except that I need to be using muscles other than the ones I use to run.)

Ever since I stopped going to ice-skating lessons, I seem to have also fallen off the Pilates wagon. I used to try to go every Wednesday night when they have the class at my gym, but for the past month or more, I’ve either had something else going on on Wednesday night, or it was nice out and I wanted to go for a run when I got home, before it got dark out. Last night, however, I made my triumphant return to Pilates! Hopefully I’ll be able to keep going for the next couple of weeks, until my gym membership runs out on May 1. After that I’ll have to find another place to go. My favorite local yoga studio has Pilates classes, but none that I can get to. I see they have a “yogalates” class now though; maybe I’ll go see what that’s all about! I like yoga too, so why not? I suppose I could also find a good Pilates video and do it at home, but I like classes much better.

I have to find another way to cross-train too, preferably something I can do outside, since I don’t want to renew that gym membership. I’d like to get a bike, but they’re so expensive. Maybe I can finally learn to roller-blade well enough so that I’m not embarrassed to/scared of doing it on an actual sidewalk… like, next to an actual street, with cars on it. But what if I roll onto the street and get hit? I am legitimately scared of this.

Anyway, I need to get motivated and stop using my cross-training days as off days.

No comments: