Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Mentoring

Chris and I signed up to be mentors for the fall season's Team In Training participants. This means we'll check in with our assigned runners weekly, attend all their group runs to either run with them or set up water stops, help with their fundraising, etc. We won't give out running advice or anything; that's the coach's job, and we're not qualified to do that. We'll just be there to offer support and share our experiences and help out how we can.

I'm pretty pumped about it. I think this will be a great way to stay involved with Team In Training for a while. It's such a cool organization and I hope I'll be as good of a mentor as Kate and Erika. (Hi gals!) :-D

So, if anyone from the South Shore reading this wants to be on our team and be mentored by me, Chris, or our teammate Christine, the marathons (and half-marathons) for the fall season are listed here: http://www.teamintraining.org/ma/firsttimehere/teamintrainingevents/
I'm planning on running the Maine half-marathon on October 4.

No comments: