Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Slump

I was supposed to go for a run on Monday night, and I didn't. My excuses were paltry, but many: It was cold and rainy and my shin hurt and I was sleepy and hungry. So I put on PJ's and watched TV instead.

I was supposed to go for a run last night. But it was pouring. So I put on PJ's and watched TV instead.

I really think the recent weather has drained my motivation this week. Even though I still have a gym membership, and could have just gone to the gym to run on the treadmill to avoid the rain, I couldn't even get myself to do that. Tonight I'm determined to go though! There's a Pilates class on Wednesday nights that I try to go to whenever I can, so I can just stay afterwards and run on the mill. I haven't been on one of those things in a while, and I haven't missed it, so we'll see how it goes.

Oh me, oh my. Just as a reminder (read: another shameless promotion), this Friday is the night of Acoustic for a Cure! I'm getting psyched and nervous. Why nervous? I don't know. Everything is just about taken care of and there's not much left to do! I think it's because I've never co-hosted a fundraiser before. Its going to be tons of fun, of course. If you're planning on coming, save room for apps! We're having cheese & crackers, meatballs marinara, chicken tenders, and bacon-wrapped scallops. (Sorry, vegetarians... there weren't many meatless options!) There are also going to be some last-minute raffle prizes added to the list of goodies.

No comments: